Last Updated: May 19, 2020 at 11:15 am
We are actively monitoring the situation in the community and at Hastings House Country House Hotel to ensure the comfort and safety of our guests, our staff, and our community.
Rest assured, we are complying with the precautionary and mandated measures outlined by both the Government of Canada and by the BC Centre for Disease Control. While we hold ourselves to high standards at all times, in light of the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented the following actions:
- All team members have been briefed on proper and frequent hand-washing. Illustrated reminders have been posted in all staff areas.
- We have implemented ongoing training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols.
- All our guest rooms are cleaned and disinfected before and after guests arrive, with attention to frequently touched areas.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, focusing on the front desk, public washrooms, and room keys.
- In areas where team members work, we are regularly cleaning entrances, staff rooms, and offices.
- We have implemented strict social distancing.
- Our in-room directory is now available online.
As we take these measures, we thank you for your continued trust in our commitment to excellence and for your understanding in these difficult times. It is with great consideration that we have made these decisions, with particular care for the long-term well being of our staff who we are supporting through consistent employment.
We look forward to seeing the situation resolved soon and in the meantime, we wish you the utmost health and wellness. For any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.