Careers at Hastings House
At Hastings House, we are always on the lookout for new and outstanding individuals to join our wonderful team of hospitality professionals.
Whether your passion is cooking, gardening, housekeeping, or customer service, we have a place for you if you’re responsible, reliable, dedicated, and as passionate as we are to always provide exemplary services for our respected guests.
We have high standards and expect the best from you. In return, we’ll provide you with a friendly and nurturing working environment in an idyllic natural setting of 22 acres of waterfront property on charming Salt Spring Island. After 3 months of employment, you’ll also be eligible to join our excellent medical benefits program. Staff housing is also available.
Be our super host, the first point of contact with our guests. The position includes picking up and dropping off guests at the seaplane dock or ferry docks, assisting with luggage, touring the guests around the property, and settling them comfortably into their rooms. Local area knowledge a definite asset.
Current Driver’s Abstract, WHMIS certificate and respectful personality are required. Uniform to be supplied.
Please email your response to: email@example.com including a resume and cover letter, or bring your application to our Reception Desk, Monday to Friday between 9 am and 12 pm.
We are currently seeking Room & Laundry Attendants that are passionate about hospitality and enjoy providing the perfect guest experience.
Qualifications and Skills
– Previous experience housekeeping
– Ability to physically perform the duties of the position.
– Having an eye for small details
– Must have a strong work ethic and initiative, and strive for quality work for superior customer service.
– Ability to maintain good working relationship with peers, supervisors and clients.
– Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
– Must be available to work weekdays, weekends, statutory holidays and evenings
If you would like to join our wonderful team, please email your resume to our Housekeeping Manager at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Email applications only, please.
We are currently seeking Fine Dining and Bistro Servers that are passionate about food service and enjoy providing the perfect guest experience.
Qualifications and Skills
– Previous serving experience, passion, dedication to learn
– An appreciation for detail, and guest focused mindset
– Professional and positive attitude
– Punctual and reliable
– A calm and polite demeanor
– Valid Serving It Right Certification
– Experience in a similar environment and a passion for, and knowledge of, spirits, beer, wine & food is great
– Passion and a willingness to learn are key
If you would like to join our wonderful team, please email your resume to our Dining Manager, Monty at the following email address: email@example.com. Email applications only, please.
We are currently seeking landscapers, gardeners, farmers/market gardeners, and grounds people to join our team.
Applicants will have a good work ethic, passion for excellence, high standards and have a good sense and dedication for organic and sustainable land care practices.
– lawn mowing, edging, weeding, fertilization, and care
– path maintenance, including raking, blowing, weeding, edging, and gravel/bark upkeep
– occasionally helping on in the gardens or on the farm when needed
– event preparation and staging at times
– propagation, bed preparation, weeding, watering, general garden maintenance, etc
– occasional design work
– propagating and co maintaining
– cut flower garden and bouquet making
– all aspects of a market garden to provide food for the two hotel restaurants
– propagation, transplanting, weeding, maintaining irrigation for watering, etc
– weekly harvest for kitchen
– pruning for orchard and berries and picking
– following crop planning schedule
– growing micro greens
– co-maintaining cut flower garden and providing flowers for the hotel
If you would like to join our wonderful team, please email your resume to our Head Gardener, Joshua at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Email applications only, please.